World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Institution des Chartreux

Article Id: WHEBN0003794840
Reproduction Date:

Title: Institution des Chartreux  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Chartreuse, Educational institutions established in 1825, Paul Couturier, Fontaine Bartholdi, Opéra Nouvel
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Institution des Chartreux

The Institution des Chartreux or more commonly Les Chartreux is a private Roman Catholic educational establishment under a "contract of association" to the French state school system. The main site of the school is located in the 1st arrondissement of Lyon, on the hill of La Croix-Rousse.

The school was created and directed by priests from the St Iréné society, Father Jean-Bernard Plessy being the current director.

The school was started in 1825. It was then largely developed by M.Hyvrier, who is now considered as the real creator of the school. After WWII, the school counted 300 pupils (boys only) and 20 professors.Nowadays, the school employs nearly 200 academic staff, with another 100 technical and administrative support posts, to serve some 2600 pupils at all levels from ages 2 to 22. The school also has a boarding house that counts approximately 300 students.

External links

  • The school's own web site



This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.