World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Palatine T 4.II

Article Id: WHEBN0023499958
Reproduction Date:

Title: Palatine T 4.II  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject:
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Palatine T 4.II

T 4.II (Pfalz)
DRG-Baureihe 98.4
Number(s): 257–259
DRG 98 401–403
Quantity: 3
Manufacturer: Krauss
Year(s) of manufacture: 1900
Retired: 1934
Axle arrangement: C1' n2t
Gauge: 1.435 mm
Length over buffers: 9,294 mm
Service weight: 39,6 t
Adhesive weight: 31,5 t
Axle load: 10,5 t
Top speed: 45 km/h
Indicated Power: 235 kW
Driving wheel diameter: 996 mm
Trailing wheel diameter: 790 mm
No. of cylinders: 2
Cylinder bore: 375 mm
Piston stroke: 508 mm
Boiler Overpressure: 12 bar
Grate area: 1.30 m²
Evaporative heating area: 67.30 m²
Brakes: Schleifer brake

The Palatine T 4II was a class of saturated steam, tank locomotives operated by the Palatinate Railway.

They were to a large extent identical to the Class D XI from Bavaria, but the grate area and diameters of the carrying and coupled wheels were smaller. The rear coupled axle was housed in a Krauss-Helmholtz bogie, and the coal tanks were behind the driver's cab. It achieved its top speed on the level with a 400 tonne train.

The three examples that were built were given railway numbers 257 to 259 and the names Ulmet, Eschenau and Erdesbach. In 1925 the Deutsche Reichsbahn took all three machines over as DRG Class 98.4 with locomotive numbers 98 401–403. Until their retirement in 1933/34 the engines were stabled at Landau locomotive shed.

See also

External links

  • There is a relevant English-language forum at Railways of Germany
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.