World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Coleshill railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0012225777
Reproduction Date:

Title: Coleshill railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Coleshill railway station

For the railway station known as Coleshill from 1839 to 1923, see Maxstoke railway station.
Coleshill (Forge Mills)
Operations
Original company Midland Railway
Post-grouping London, Midland and Scottish Railway
History
10 February 1842 Station opens as Forge Mills
1 November 1849 renamed Forge Mills for Coleshill
1 April 1904 renamed Forge Mills
9 July 1923 renamed Coleshill
4 March 1968 Station closes[1]
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
UK Railways portal

Coleshill railway station was a station on the Birmingham to Peterborough Line in England.

It was originally opened in 1842 as Forge Mills by the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway on its line from Whitacre Junction to Lawley Street and renamed in 1923. The station which had previously been called Coleshill was renamed "Maxstoke".[2]


A new station near to the site, called Coleshill Parkway, was opened in 2007.

References

External links

  • Rail Around Birmingham and the West Midlands: Coleshill station

Coordinates: 52°30′59″N 1°42′28″W / 52.51645°N 1.70777°W / 52.51645; -1.70777


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.