Ferrocarril Central Entrerriano

The Ferrocarril Central Entrerriano (FCCE) (in English: Central Entre Ríos Railway) was a company in the Entre Ríos Province of Argentina, owned by the provincial government, which built and operated a railway network between the rivers Paraná and Uruguay. In 1892 it was sold to the British–owned Entre Ríos Railway.

On 11 June 1883 the provincial government of Entre Ríos authorised the construction of a railway from Paraná, the provincial capital, to Concepcion del Uruguay, on the River Uruguay, and on 7 January 1887 the construction of branch lines to Victoria, Gualeguay, Gualeguaychú and Villaguay.

The line from Paranáó, via Nogoyá and Tala to Concepción ádel Uruguay was opened between 13 May and 30 June 1887, the branch line from Nogoyá to Victoria on 26 June 1890, and those from Basavilbaso to Parera and to Villaguay and from Parera to Gualeguaychú on 20 and 23 September of the same year. Finally a branch line, was opened on 27 January 1891, from Tala to Gualeguay, where it joined the Gualeguay to Puerto Ruiz line operated by the Ferrocarril Primer Entrerrianno.

On 29 January 1892 the FCCE was sold by the provincial government to the British-owned Entre Ríos Railway.

Sources

Translated from : http://orbita.starmedia.com/~ferroclub/4.html

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.