World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

QMI Agency

Québecor Media Inc.
Subsidiary of public company
Industry Diversified media and broadcasting
Founded 2000
Headquarters Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Key people Pierre Karl Péladeau, President and CEO
Products Cable television
Newspapers
Broadcasting
Services Broadcasting
Film production
Publishing
Parent Quebecor Inc.
CDP Capital d’Amérique Investissements Inc.
Divisions Osprey Media
Sun Media
TVA Group
Vidéotron
Website www.quebecor.com

Québecor Media Inc. is a Canadian media company. Québecor Inc. owns the controlling interest with 54.72% while CDP Capital d’Amérique Investissements Inc. (a subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the provincial pension fund) owns the remaining 45.28%.[1]

Assets

  • Sun Media (newspapers) (includes the former Osprey Media)
  • TVA Group (broadcasting, publishing & production)
  • Vidéotron (cable television and internet service provider)
  • Canoe Inc. (internet websites including Canoe.ca/Canoe.com portal and Archambault.ca)
  • MediaPages (print and online directories)
  • TVA Publishing Inc. (largest magazine publishing company in Quebec)
  • Quebecor Media Book Group (book publishing companies)
  • Archambault stores (books, music and video)
  • Distribution Select (distributor of CDs and videos)
  • Le SuperClub Vidéotron (Movie rental stores)
  • Nurun Inc. (interactive agency)
  • Gestion Studios Bloobuzz S. E. C (a video games publisher)

Corporate governance

Board of directors:[2]

  • Serge Gouin—Chairman
  • André Delisle
  • Jean La Couture
  • A. Michel Lavigne
  • Samuel Minzberg
  • Brian Mulroney
  • Pierre Karl Péladeau—President, CEO and President and CEO of Quebecor Inc., Sun Media Corporation
  • Normand Provost

See also

References

External links

  • Official Quebecor Media Inc. website
  • CRTC chart of Quebecor Media Inc.'s assets (PDF)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.