World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

XXII Bomber Command

Article Id: WHEBN0022776576
Reproduction Date:

Title: XXII Bomber Command  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: 315th Air Division, 17th Air Division, 198th Airlift Squadron, 199th Fighter Squadron, 469th Bombardment Group
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

XXII Bomber Command

XXII Bomber Command
Active 1944-1945
Country United States
Branch United States Army Air Forces
Type Command and Control

The XXII Bomber Command was a United States Army Air Forces unit. It was assigned to Second Air Force, and based at Peterson Field, Colorado. It was inactivated on 13 February 1945.

Began organization for second XX Bomber Command units were reassigned from India to the Marianas, eliminating need for command.

Lineage

  • Constituted as XXII Bomber Command (Very Heavy) on 4 August 1944
Activated on 14 August 1944
Disbanded on 13 February 1945.

Assignments

Stations

Compoents

References

 This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.

  • Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.