World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Yelvertoft and Stanford Park railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0021578432
Reproduction Date:

Title: Yelvertoft and Stanford Park railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject:
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Yelvertoft and Stanford Park railway station

Yelvertoft and Stanford Park
Location
Place Yelvertoft
Area Northamptonshire
Operations
Original company London and North Western Railway
Post-grouping London, Midland and Scottish Railway
History
1 May 1850 Station opens as Stanford Hall
1 Jun 1870 renamed Yelvertoft
December 1880 renamed Yelverftoft and Stanford Hall
1 February 1881 renamed Yelvertoft and Stanford Park
6 June 1966 Station closes[1]
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
UK Railways portal

Yelvertoft and Stanford Park railway station was a railway station serving Yelvertoft in the English county of Northamptonshire. It was opened as Stanford Hall on the Rugby and Stamford Railway in 1850.

Parliamentary approval was gained in 1846 by the directors of the London and Birmingham Railway for a branch from Rugby to the Syston and Peterborough Railway near Stamford. [2] In the same year the company became part of the London and North Western Railway. The section from Rugby to Market Harborough, which included Yelvertoft, opened in 1850. Originally single track, it was doubled at the end of 1878.[3]

At grouping in 1923 it became part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway.

References

Coordinates: 52°24′02″N 1°08′08″W / 52.4005°N 1.1355°W / 52.4005; -1.1355


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.