World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ytres

Article Id: WHEBN0013819365
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ytres  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, Arrondissement of Arras
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ytres

Ytres
Ytres
Ytres

Coordinates: 50°03′56″N 2°59′37″E / 50.0656°N 2.9936°E / 50.0656; 2.9936Coordinates: 50°03′56″N 2°59′37″E / 50.0656°N 2.9936°E / 50.0656; 2.9936

Country France
Region Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Department Pas-de-Calais
Arrondissement Arras
Canton Bertincourt
Intercommunality Canton of Bertincourt
Government
 • Mayor (2008–2014) Henri Bassez
Area
 • Land1 4.26 km2 (1.64 sq mi)
Population (2006)
 • Population2 415
 • Population2 density 97/km2 (250/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 62909 / 62124
Elevation 94–133 m (308–436 ft)
(avg. 120 m or 390 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Ytres is a commune in the Pas-de-Calais department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of France.

Geography

Ytres is a farming village located 20 miles (32 km) southeast of Arras, at the junction of the D7, D19 and D18E roads. It was completely rebuilt after being destroyed during World War I. The A2 autoroute passes by on the north of the commune. The Canal du Nord, built between 1911 and 1914, passes by to the south.

Population

Historical population of Ytres
Year 1962196819751982199019992006
Population 438442396354361393415
From the year 1962 on: population without double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.

Places of interest

  • The church of St. Pierre dating from the twentieth century.

See also

References

  • INSEE commune file

External links

  • Ytres on the Quid website (French)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.