World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

393d Bombardment Group

Article Id: WHEBN0014807893
Reproduction Date:

Title: 393d Bombardment Group  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: 380th Air Refueling Squadron, Wendover Air Force Base, 469th Bombardment Group, 395th Bombardment Group, 396th Bombardment Group
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

393d Bombardment Group

393d Bombardment Group
Active 1943–1944
Country United States
Branch United States Army Air Forces
Role Bombardment
Part of Second Air Force
Garrison/HQ American Theater

The 393d Bombardment Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Second Air Force, being stationed at Sioux City Army Air Base, Iowa. It was inactivated on 1 April 1944.

Activated during World War II as a B-17 Flying Fortress operational training unit (OTU). Redesignated as a replacement training unit (RTU) in August 1943. Inactivated in April 1944 when Second Air Force switched to B-29 Superfortress training.

History

Lineage

  • Constituted as 393d Bombardment Group (Heavy) on 29 January 1943
Activated on 16 February 1943
Inactivated on 1 April 1944

Assignments

Components

  • 580th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
  • 581st Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
  • 582d Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
  • 583d Bombardment Squadron : 1943–1944

Stations

References

 This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.

  • Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.