World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group

Article Id: WHEBN0031003134
Reproduction Date:

Title: 542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cambria Air Force Station, 28th Air Division, Aerospace Defense Command, Madera Air Force Station, Willow Run Air Force Station
Collection: Aerospace Defense Command Units, Air Control Groups of the United States Air Force
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group

542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group
Active 1949–1952
Country United States
Branch  United States Air Force
Type Command and Control
Part of Air Defense Command

The 542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 28th Air Division, stationed at Hamilton Air Force Base, California. It was inactivated on 6 February 1952.

This command and control organization was responsible for Aircraft Control and Warning (Radar) stations along the West Coast. On 27 April 1950, the reserve 566th AC&WG was activated as a Corollary unit at Hamilton, sharing the 542d's equipment and facilities. The 566th was called to active duty on 10 May 1951 and was inactivated, with its personnel used as fillers for the 542d. It was dissolved after about three years, with the units being assigned directly to its parent Air Division.

Lineage

  • Established as 542d Aircraft Control and Warning Group
Activated on 8 December 1949
Inactivated on 6 February 1952
Disbanded on 21 September 1984

Assignments

Stations

  • Hamilton AFB, California, 8 December 1949 – 6 February 1952
Components
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.