Army of the moselle

The Army of the Moselle (Armée de la Moselle) was a French Revolutionary Army.  Originally known as the Armée du Centre, it was renamed by decree of the National Convention on 1 October 1792 and kept under that name in the decrees of 1 March and 30 April 1793.  By the decree of 29 June 1794 its left wing joined with the armée des Ardennes and the right wing of the armée du Nord to form the armée de Sambre-et-Meuse.  

The right wing remained under the orders of Jean Moreau as the armée de la Moselle. However, this new army's right wing was joined with the left wing of the armée du Rhin by a decree of 29 November 1794 under the name of the armée devant Mayence, and finally what remained of the Armée de Moselle was merged with the armée du Rhin by a decree of 3 March 1795 (executed on 20 April) to form the armée de Rhin-et-Moselle.

Generals

Composition

  • 9e Régiment de Chasseurs à Cheval

Battle honours

The armée de la Moselle fought especially in the Rhine Palatinate.

Source

  • C. Clerget : Tableaux des armées françaises pendant les guerres de la Révolution (Librairie militaire 1905) ;
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.