World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Bad Blankenburg

Article Id: WHEBN0000550217
Reproduction Date:

Title: Bad Blankenburg  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Evangelische Allianz, Saalfeld, Otto Schmiedeknecht, Blankenburg, Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
Collection: Saalfeld-Rudolstadt, Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt, Towns in Thuringia
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Bad Blankenburg

Bad Blankenburg
Coat of arms of Bad Blankenburg
Coat of arms
Bad Blankenburg   is located in Germany
Bad Blankenburg
Coordinates:
Country Germany
State Thuringia
District Saalfeld-Rudolstadt
Government
 • Mayor Frank Persike (Left)
Area
 • Total 35.56 km2 (13.73 sq mi)
Population (2014-12-31)[1]
 • Total 6,644
 • Density 190/km2 (480/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 07422
Dialling codes 036741
Vehicle registration SLF
Website www.bad-blankenburg.de

Bad Blankenburg (German pronunciation: ) is a spa town in the district of Saalfeld-Rudolstadt, in Thuringia, Germany. It is situated 6 km southwest of Rudolstadt, and 37 km southeast of Erfurt. It is most famous for being the location of the first kindergarten of Friedrich Wilhelm August Fröbel, in 1837.

To the north of it, on an eminence, rise the fine ruins of the castle of Greifenstein, built by the German king Henry I, and from 1275 to 1583 the seat of a cadet branch of the counts of Schwarzburg.[2]

In the nineteenth century, Bad Blankenburg was part of the small principality of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.

Bad Blankenburg is the headquarters of Deutsche Evangelische Allianz, the net of copperation of most Protestant churches in Germany.

Twin towns – Sister cities

 Poland Tarnów Opolski, Polen

References

  1. ^ "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden, Gemeinschaftsfreie Gemeinde, erfüllende/beauftragende Gemeinden, Verwaltungsgemeinschaft/Mitgliedsgemeinden in Thüringen".  
  2. ^  

External links

  • Friedrich Fröbel Museum at Bad Blankenburg
  • Bad Blankenburg


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.