World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Bayne No. 371, Saskatchewan

Article Id: WHEBN0028006864
Reproduction Date:

Title: Bayne No. 371, Saskatchewan  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: List of rural municipalities in Saskatchewan, Colonsay No. 342, Saskatchewan, Prud'homme, Saskatchewan, SARM Division No. 5, Division No. 15, Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Highway 2, Bayne, Saskatchewan Highway 5
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Bayne No. 371, Saskatchewan

Bayne No. 371 (2006 Population 505) is a rural municipality in north-central Saskatchewan, Canada encompassing 802.93 square kilometers in area. The rural municipality has within its boundaries the un-incorporated communities of Bremen, Sagehill, Dana, and Peterson, and Muskiki Springs. The rural municipality maintains its office in Bruno, Saskatchewan. The rural municipality in conjunction with the provincial government is in charge of maintenance of highways in its area. As well, the municipality provides policing, fire protection and municipal governance for the rural district, with a reeve as its administrator. The rural municipality was established on January 10, 1910 named after Deputy Minister, J. N. Bayne.[1]

Canadian Forces Station Dana was an NORAD Pinetree Line radar installation located within the Rural Municipality until in was disbanded in 1987.

Statistics

Heritage Properties

There is two historical building located within the rural municipality. These properties include:

  • Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Church - Constructed in 1927, on land donated by a local immigrant farmer (Nicholas Hawryluke). The property was recognized as a Municipal Heritage Property on May 13, 1999.[4]
  • St. Laszlo Canadian Magyar Hall - Constructed between 1903–1911, the church was established by Hungarian settlers to provide a place of worship. The hall is named after St. Laszlo. the hall is located 6.5 km northeast of Prud'homme, Saskatchewan.[5]

References

Coordinates: 52°16′52″N 105°39′09″W / 52.28111°N 105.65250°W / 52.28111; -105.65250

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.