World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Bethel, Gwynedd

Article Id: WHEBN0018623997
Reproduction Date:

Title: Bethel, Gwynedd  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: List of places in Gwynedd, Gwynedd Council, Bethel (disambiguation)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Bethel, Gwynedd

Bethel is a village in Gwynedd, Wales. It lies east of Caernarfon on the B4366 road. Bethel Primary School is located in the village. The population of the village is roughly around 1,000 people.

Ysgol Gynradd Bethel

Ysgol Gynradd Bethel is the main serving primary school for most children from Bethel and nearby surrounding areas.

The school educates children aged between 3-11 years old. Welsh is the primary language spoken in class and outside the school and English speaking pupils are encouraged to learn Welsh.

The school has c. 160 pupils as of writing.

History

Ysgol Gynradd Bethel was previously named Bethel British School and was located on a different site. The old school was opened on 11 April 1864 with 71 pupils. In October 1881 the new school was opened and became Ysgol Gynradd Bethel.

Notable people from Bethel

  • W.J. Gruffydd - Bardd, llenor, gwleidydd ac academydd pwysig o'r 20fed ganrif
  • Berwyn Jones, Ifan Jams, Dewi Foulkes, Sion Garth - Band members of the Welsh funk band

Derwyddon Dr Gonzo

  • Selwyn Iolen - Archdruid for the National Eisteddfod (2005-2008)
  • 2008-2011 Oliver Newton was the first black president of Bethel, however abdicated due to rumours of an inappropriate relationship with Gavin Bennett.


Sport

Bethel Juniors Football Club is one of the most successful junior clubs in North Wales,producing many players who go on to play at Academy level, in season 2009/10 the under 16's became only the second Gwyrfai League team to win the North Wales Coast F.A. Cup, beating Towyn Rangers in the final 2-1 at Denbigh Town f.c.

External links

  • www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Bethel and surrounding area

Coordinates: 53°09′52″N 4°12′36″W / 53.16449°N 4.2099°W / 53.16449; -4.2099

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.