World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Blue Bonnet Court

Article Id: WHEBN0011344501
Reproduction Date:

Title: Blue Bonnet Court  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Motel, Hyde Park Historic District (Austin, Texas)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Blue Bonnet Court

Bluebonnet Tourist Camp
The dilapidated neon sign of the Blue Bonnet Court in 2007.
Location Austin, TX
Coordinates

30°18′36.75″N 97°43′58.24″W / 30.3102083°N 97.7328444°W / 30.3102083; -97.7328444Coordinates: 30°18′36.75″N 97°43′58.24″W / 30.3102083°N 97.7328444°W / 30.3102083; -97.7328444

Built 1929
Architect Brydson Lumber Co.
Governing body Private
MPS Hyde Park MPS
NRHP Reference # 90001188 [1]
Added to NRHP August 16, 1990

The Blue Bonnet Court, originally called the Bluebonnet Tourist Camp, is a historic motor court-style motel in north-central Austin, Texas. Built in 1928-1929 by Joe and Elizabeth Lucas, the motel is situated on the northwestern corner of the Hyde Park subdivision along what was then the main road out of town.[2] In the 1930s it featured Austin's first neon sign, which still hangs from the front (though in a dilapidated condition).

Blue Bonnet Court features a stone wall in front with 11 basic rooms and attached covered parking. The rooms are rented today as efficiency apartments.

The motel is located at 4407 Guadalupe Street. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

References

Template:National Register of Historic Places in Austin, Texas

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.