World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Donald Grant Herring Estate

Donald Grant Herring Estate
Donald Grant Herring Estate is located in Mercer County, New Jersey
Location 52, 72, 75 Arreton Road, Princeton, New Jersey
Coordinates
Built 1919
Architect Wilson Eyre, Jr.
Architectural style Tudor Revival
Arts and Crafts
Governing body Private
NRHP Reference # 91001927
NJRHP # 1745[1]
Significant dates
Added to NRHP January 17, 1992
Designated NJRHP November 25, 1991

The Donald Grant Herring Estate, called Rothers Barrows, was designed by Wilson Eyre, Jr. in 1919 for Donald Herring, a member of the Princeton University faculty. The three properties at 52, 72, and 75-77 Arreton Road are the surviving remnants of the 117-acre estate, which was subdivided in 1949. The estate's significance is as the last, chronologically, of the estates that once ringed Princeton. It is one of the finest examples of the Arts and Crafts movement in Central New Jersey.[2]

Gallery

See Also

References

  1. ^ "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places — Mercer County" (PDF).  
  2. ^ Greiff, Constance. "Donald Grant Herring Estate" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places Continuation Sheet. National Park Service. 
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.