World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ecclesfield West railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0005108249
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ecclesfield West railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Ecclesfield East railway station, Hallam Line, Ecclesfield railway station, East Ecclesfield, Chapeltown Central railway station
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ecclesfield West railway station

Ecclesfield West
Location
Place Ecclesfield
Area City of Sheffield
Coordinates
Grid reference
Operations
History
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
UK Railways portal

Ecclesfield West railway station was a railway station in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. The station served the communities of Ecclesfield and Shiregreen and was situated on the Midland Railway, lying between Chapeltown and Brightside.

The station was opened in 1897 along with the line from Wincobank Junctions to Cudworth. It was initially known as Ecclesfield, but was renamed to avoid confusion with the Ecclesfield East railway station. It closed in 1967.

External links

  • South Yorkshire Railway
  • Ecclesfield West station (shown open) on navigable 1955 O. S. map


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.