World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Falconer Heights, Edmonton

Article Id: WHEBN0016796218
Reproduction Date:

Title: Falconer Heights, Edmonton  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Haddow, Edmonton, Henderson Estates, Edmonton, Bulyea Heights, Edmonton, Keswick, Edmonton, Delton, Edmonton
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Falconer Heights, Edmonton

Falconer Heights
Neighbourhood
Falconer Heights is located in Edmonton
Falconer Heights
Falconer Heights
Location of Falconer Heights in Edmonton
Coordinates:
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 9
Sector[2] Southwest
Area[3][4] Riverbend
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Bryan Anderson
Area[6]
 • Total 0.65 km2 (0.25 sq mi)
Elevation 679 m (2,228 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 2,070
 • Density 3,184.6/km2 (8,248/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase1.7%
 • Dwellings 900

Falconer Heights is a residential neighbourhood in south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is bounded on the west by Riverbend Road, on the north by Rabbit Hill Road, and on the east by Terwillegar Drive. The southern boundary is an undeveloped strip of land about 29 Avenue.

According to the 2001 federal census, residential development in the neighbourhood began after 1985, with approximately one residence in eight (12.2%) of all residences being built during the late 1980s. The remaining seven out of every eight residences (87.8%) were built during the 1990s.[8]

The most common type of residence, according to the 2005 municipal census, was the single-family dwelling. These account for three out of every five (61%) residences in the neighbourhood. One in four residences (24%) are a mixture of rented apartments and apartment style condominiums. One in eight (13%) residences are duplexes.[9] Four out of every five (80%) residences are owner-occupied with one out of five (20%) being rented.[10]

Demographics

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Falconer Heights had a population of 2,070 living in 900 dwellings,[7] a 1.7% change from its 2009 population of 2,036.[11] With a land area of 0.65 km2 (0.25 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 3,184.6 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]

Surrounding neighbourhoods

References

  1. ^ a b
  2. ^
  3. ^
  4. ^
  5. ^
  6. ^ a b c
  7. ^ a b c
  8. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD23/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/FALCONER%20HEIGHTS.pdf
  9. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.
  10. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/FALCONER%20HEIGHTS.pdf
  11. ^

External links

  • Falconer Heights Neighbourhood Profile
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.