World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, Trenton, New Jersey

Article Id: WHEBN0045143479
Reproduction Date:

Title: Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, Trenton, New Jersey  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Mercer County, New Jersey, Briarwood, New Jersey, Altura, New Jersey, Braeburn Heights, New Jersey, Briar Manor, New Jersey
Collection: Neighborhoods in Trenton, New Jersey, Unincorporated Communities in Mercer County, New Jersey
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, Trenton, New Jersey

Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, New Jersey
Unincorporated community
Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, New Jersey is located in Mercer County, New Jersey
Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, New Jersey
Location of Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris in Mercer County Inset: Location of county within the state of New Jersey
Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, New Jersey is located in New Jersey
Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris, New Jersey
Location within the state of New Jersey
Coordinates:
Country United States
State New Jersey
County Mercer
City Trenton

Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris is an unincorporated community and neighborhood located within the city of Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States.[1][2]

References

  1. ^ "City Profile Report: Trenton 250: 1792-2042: A City Master Plan Document" (PDF).  
  2. ^ "Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris". Trenton Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-01-20. The Fisher-Richey-Perdicaris District possesses both architectural and historical significance. Its well-preserved, upper middle class houses, constructed of substantial materials and with well-crafted details, are representative of the domestic, revival-style architecture that characterized the suburban development of the City’s West Ward (and many other prosperous communities) during the 2nd and 3rd decades of this century. While the Colonial Revival style and its Dutch Colonial variant are most dominant, Tudor Revival, Mission and Craftsman style influences also are present, as well as lingering Queen Anne motifs. Although their lots are quite small, due to the constricted “in-town” location, the sighting and landscaping of the houses establish a suburban atmosphere that complements their architecture. Historically, the district represents one aspect of the West Ward’s development, the explosive, almost entirely residential growth that engulfed the area c. 1870-1930’s. While in the early 20th century, developers were most active on the ever expanding edges of the city, they also took advantage of any large, more centrally located parcels that came onto the market. Such was the case in this area where there were several large 19th-century houses on long narrow lots, extending down to the river developed for new housing. 
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.