World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Fushimi Station (Kyoto)

Article Id: WHEBN0011388372
Reproduction Date:

Title: Fushimi Station (Kyoto)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Nara Line, List of railway stations in Japan: F, Kintetsu-Tambabashi Station, Fushimi Station
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Fushimi Station (Kyoto)

Fushimi Station (伏見駅 Fushimi-eki?) is a railway station on the Kintetsu Kyoto Line located in Fushimi, Kyoto, Japan.

Lines

Building

The elevated station has two side platforms with two tracks.

Platforms

1 Kintetsu Kyoto Line Southbound (For Shin-Tanabe, Yamato-Saidaiji, Nara, and Kashiharajingu-mae)
2 Kintetsu Kyoto Line Northbound (For Takeda, Toji, and Kyoto)

History

1895-1921 Template:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrow
1921-1928 Template:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrowTemplate:BSrow

The location of the station was a site of former Fushimi Station on the government-run Nara Line railway. Since a reroute of the Nara Line to the present route (via Inari Station) in 1921, Fushimi Station had been a terminal of a freight branch until its closure about two months before the opening of the present station.

  • September 5, 1895 - The station opens as a station of Nara Railway
  • February 7, 1905 - Nara Railway merges into Kansai Railway
  • October 1, 1907 - Kansai Railway is nationalized
  • August 1, 1921 - The line between Kyoto and Fushimi closes; Fushimi Station survives as a freight station
  • September 3, 1928 - The freight line between Fushimi and Momoyama closes and Fushimi Station closes
  • November 15, 1928 - The station opens as a station of Nara Electric Railroad
  • October 1, 1963 - NER merges and the station becomes part of Kintetsu

Adjacent stations

« Service »
Kintetsu Kyoto Line
Express (急行): no stop
Semi-Express (準急): no stop
Takeda   Local (普通)   Kintetsu-Tambabashi

Coordinates: 34°56′46.35″N 135°45′40.56″E / 34.9462083°N 135.7612667°E / 34.9462083; 135.7612667


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.