World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Graves Park

Article Id: WHEBN0005146305
Reproduction Date:

Title: Graves Park  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Parks and woodlands in Sheffield, Beauchief Abbey, John George Graves, List of tourist attractions in Sheffield, Beauchief Gardens
Collection: Parks and Woodlands in Sheffield
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Graves Park

Graves Park.

Graves Park is a large parkland area in the South of J.G.Graves between 1926 and 1936, to protect the thousand year old woodland from building development. Mr Graves donated the 91.9 hectares park to the city.

Graves Park Animal Farm.

The park is a mixture of open and woodland, with several streams flowing through it. There are three small lakes bordered by mature trees. To the northeast of the park is the animal farm, home of many rare breeds of cattle, pigs, chickens and donkeys.

Near the Charles Ashmore Road entrance are a practice golf course, two bowling greens and several hard tennis courts.

At the north side of the park (Derbyshire Lane entrance) there is a large open area which has 2 cricket pitches and around 10 football pitches. The football pitches are regularly used by the public, particularly on Sundays for the Sheffield and District Junior Sunday League.

External links

} | image =

 }
 | none =    
 |      =    
   |40x40px|link=|alt=
   ]]
 | #default = 
 }}

| text = Wikimedia Commons has media related to . | below = | imageright = | class = plainlinks sistersitebox }}

  • Sheffield's Park, Woodlands & Countryside
  • Informative NEW website about Graves Park (still under development)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.