World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Greenlee

Article Id: WHEBN0015519370
Reproduction Date:

Title: Greenlee  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Textron, Ship-to-Shore Connector, Textron Tower, Textron Aviation, AAI RQ-2 Pioneer
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Greenlee

Greenlee Textron
Division
Founded 1862
Headquarters Rockford, IL, USA
Parent Textron
Website www.greenlee.com

Greenlee Textron is an industrial and electrical tool company headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, USA. It was founded in 1862 by brothers Robert and Ralph Greenlee to manufacture their invention, a drill surrounded by four chisel blades, used in making the pockets for a mortise and tenon joint, for the furniture industry in Rockford. This device is still used in cabinetmaking. The brothers later diversified into a variety of hand woodworking tools as well as machinery for making wooden barrels. The company was acquired by Textron in 1986. Greenlee purchased Fairmont Hydraulics in 1992 and German tool manufacturer Klauke in 1996. Greenlee expanded into data/tele communications equipment with the acquisition of several companies in 1999 and 2000 which now fall under the Greenlee Communications brand. Greenlee expanded its DIY offering with the addition of Paladin Tools on December 17, 2007. In 2013, Sherman + Reilly, and HD Electric joined the Greenlee family of Utility brands.

Products

  • Hand Tools - professional grade hand tool line launched in 2006
  • Holemaking - bits, punches, knockouts
  • Bending - conduit benders
  • Fishing & Cable Pulling
  • Wire & Cable Termination
  • Voice Data Video
  • Testing & Measurement
  • Storage & Material Handling
  • Hydraulic Pumps & Miscellaneous
  • Plumbing
  • Utility - impact wrenches, cutting and crimping tools

External links

  • greenlee.com
  • klauke.com
  • rothenberger-usa.com
  • [1]
  • [2]


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.