World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ham Mill Halt railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0020948091
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ham Mill Halt railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cheltenham and Great Western Union Railway, Bowbridge Crossing Halt railway station, Brimscombe Bridge Halt railway station
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ham Mill Halt railway station

Ham Mill Halt was opened on 12 October 1903 on what is now the Golden Valley Line between Kemble and Stroud. This line was opened in 1845 as the Cheltenham and Great Western Union Railway from Swindon to Gloucester and this was one of many small stations and halts built on this line for the local passenger service. This halt opened with the introduction of the GWR steam railmotor services between Stonehouse and Chalford.

The halt was between Brimscombe and Stroud, at the end of Ham Mill Lane, and was originally opened as Ham Mill Crossing Halt before being renamed in July 1957. The halt consisted of a wooden crossing and a pair of platforms, each with GWR pagoda style shelters. Electric lighting was installed 1939 at an estimated cost of £108. Electric treadles and bells were provided either side of the crossing to warn passengers of trains approaching.

Closure of the halt came in November 1964 following the withdrawal of local stopping passenger services on the line. No trace of the halt remains today.

Services

This halt was served by the Gloucester to Chalford local passenger services, known as the Chalford Auto.

|- style="text-align: center;" | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "| Brimscombe Bridge Halt
Station closed | style="background:#000080; border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px gray; "|Cheltenham and Great Western Union Railway
Great Western Railway | style="background:#000080;border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "|Bowbridge Crossing Halt
Station closed

|}

References

Coordinates: 51°43′40″N 2°12′20″W / 51.7278°N 2.2055°W / 51.7278; -2.2055

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.