World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Hammerwich railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0008694460
Reproduction Date:

Title: Hammerwich railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Brownhills railway station, Hammerwich
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Hammerwich railway station

Hammerwich railway station was a station on the South Staffordshire Line. It opened in 1849. It closed as part of the Beeching Axe in 1965. The station was built and served by the South Staffordshire Railway, which later became London, Midland and Scottish Railway (through amalgamation of the London and North Western Railway).

This was one of the three closed stations on this route that remained open beyond the closure of the South Staffordshire route as part of the Burton-Wolverhampton line that fell, also as part of the Beeching Axe, less than a year later. The rail tracks which run past the site used to connect to chasewater lake but are now disused

References

  • Rail around Birmingham and the West Midlands
  • South Staffs Rail Group

|- style="text-align: center;" | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "| Lichfield City | style="background:#330033; border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px gray; "|South Staffordshire Railway
Later LNWR, then LMS, finally BR
South Staffs Line (1849-1965) | style="background:#330033;border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "|Brownhills |}

Coordinates: 52°39′44″N 1°53′31″W / 52.6621°N 1.8920°W / 52.6621; -1.8920


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.