Haslingden railway station

Haslingden
Haslingden Station Road
Location
Place Haslingden
Area Rossendale
Coordinates

53°42′40″N 2°19′38″W / 53.7111°N 2.3272°W / 53.7111; -2.3272Coordinates: 53°42′40″N 2°19′38″W / 53.7111°N 2.3272°W / 53.7111; -2.3272

Grid reference SD785238
Operations
Original company East Lancashire Railway 1844-1859
Pre-grouping Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway
Post-grouping London, Midland and Scottish Railway
Platforms 2
History
17 August 1848 opened
7 November 1960 closed
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
UK Railways portal
Haslingden railway station served the town of Haslingden in Rossendale, Lancashire. The station was built by the East Lancashire Railway (ELR) on their Bury to Accrington line and opened on 17 August 1848. The ELR was merged into the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway on 13 May 1859, this company operating it until 1923, when it became part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway. Owned by the London Midland Region of British Railways from 1948, it was closed by that body on 7 November 1960. The route through the station also closed on 5 December 1966 and the tracks were subsequently lifted.

References

|- style="text-align: center;" | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "| Baxenden | style="background:#964B00; border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px gray; "|L&YR | style="background:#964B00;border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "|Helmshore |}

Railways in Rossendale


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.