World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Iglesia ni Cristo chapel, Washington (Sampaloc)

Article Id: WHEBN0047796158
Reproduction Date:

Title: Iglesia ni Cristo chapel, Washington (Sampaloc)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Iglesia ni Cristo, Chapels, Iglesia ni Cristo Museum and Gallery, Iglesia ni Cristo chapel, Capitol, Ciudad de Victoria
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Iglesia ni Cristo chapel, Washington (Sampaloc)

Iglesia ni Cristo Washington
Lokal ng Washington (Tagalog)
Location 1331. Antonio Maceda Street, Sampaloc, Manila
Country Philippines
Denomination Iglesia ni Cristo
Architecture
Status Locale Congregation
Functional status active
Architect(s) Alfredo J. Luz
Style Neo-Gothic
Completed 1948 (1948)
Specifications
Capacity 700
Number of spires 2
Administration
Metropolis Metro Manila

The Iglesia Ni Cristo Locale of Washington (Tagalog: ), is a chapel of the Philippine-based Christian sect, the Iglesia ni Cristo. Located at Sampaloc, Manila, it was completed on 1948, and it is the First Chapel built in Reinforced Concrete by the Church.

The Church Administration decided to Build a Permanent House of Worship for the Members Registered in Sampaloc, Manila. Brother Felix Y. Manalo tasked Architect Alfredo J. Luz to build a Concrete House of Worship along Washington Street (Now A. Maceda Street) in Sampaloc. It was Dedicated by Brother Manalo in 1948. In 2010 the 62-year-old Chapel underwent Renovation to meet the Standard of the Iglesia ni Cristo Construction and Engineering Department. The Chapel was Upgraded into an Fully Air-Conditioned Chapel and made some Alterations in the Interior and Partially on Exterior of the Chapel. The Chapel is now Part of the Ecclesiastical District of Metro Manila West, and it Gave Birth to Offshoot Locales like La Loma Congregation, Sampaloc Congregation, and Galas (Now Araneta Avenue) Congregation.

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.