World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Jacobs, Louisville

Article Id: WHEBN0003833808
Reproduction Date:

Title: Jacobs, Louisville  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cloverleaf, Louisville, Beechmont, Louisville, Jacobs, Louisville neighborhoods, Tucker Station, Louisville
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Jacobs, Louisville

Jacobs is a neighborhood on the south side of Louisville, Kentucky, in the United States. Its boundaries are Berry Boulevard to the north, Taylor Boulevard to the east, the I-264 to the south, and Seventh Street to the west. It was developed as Jacob's Addition in 1892 after the opening of nearby Jacob's Park (now "Iroquois Park") and named for four-time Louisville mayor Charles Donald Jacob. The area housed a veteran's hospital, Nichols General Hospital, until 1952. The area includes Manslick Cemetery, a burial ground for indigents started in the 1870s, and Watterson Lake Park.

References

External links

  • Images of Jacobs (Louisville, Ky.) in the University of Louisville Libraries Digital Collections


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.