World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Kimberley Junior School

Article Id: WHEBN0034075092
Reproduction Date:

Title: Kimberley Junior School  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Kimberley Boys' High School, Kimberley, Northern Cape
Collection: Kimberley, Northern Cape, Schools in the Northern Cape
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Kimberley Junior School

Kimberley Junior School is part of a family of schools, with Kimberley Boys' High School and Kimberley Girls' High School, tracing their ultimate origins to the Kimberley Public Undenominational Schools founded in 1887. Kimberley Junior School came into existence in its present form with the amalgamation of Belgravia Junior School and Kimberley Boys' Junior School in January 1977, in buildings built for, and occupied for just over half a decade by, Kimberley Boys' Junior School, itself having hived off from Kimberley Boys' High in July 1970.[1]

Kimberley Boys' Junior School

Founded in 1970 when the junior section of "KHS" (Kimberley Boys' High School) moved, in July of that year, to a new school building in Monument Heights.

Belgravia Junior School

Belgravia Preparatory School was established in Elsmere Road in 1907 - its building forming the nucleus of the subsequent Girls' High School that moved to the site in 1913. Belgravia Junior School later occupied a building designed by William Timlin at the bottom of Memorial Road, on the site of the former St Michael's School. It was from here that Belgravia moved to the new Kimberley Junior School in 1977.

References

  1. ^ Moult, L. 1987. K.H.Story: a history of Kimberley Boys' High School

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.