World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Lykhny

Article Id: WHEBN0005115320
Reproduction Date:

Title: Lykhny  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Loo Microdistrict, Ochamchira, Chkhalta, Adzyubzha, Leselidze (town)
Collection: Populated Places in Gudauta District
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Lykhny

Church of the Virgin Mary

Lykhny (


See also

  • Shervashidze, L. Georgian Soviet Encyclopedia. 1983. Book 6. p. 271.

References

Lykhnashta, a large square located centrally in the village, is one of the seven shrines of the Abkhaz people and the place where is held the harvest festival every October. The square was also the place of the gathering of all the Abkhaz in 1931 and 1989.

Ruins of the palace of the Shervashidze princes

. Khipsta River (built in the 7th century) is located at the edge of the village on the left bank of the Abaanta attacked the village). An older monument, the fortress of punitive expedition (the palace collapsed in 1866 when the Russian Abkhazia. There are several important historical monuments in and around Lykhny. Of particular importance are the 10-11th century Church of the Virgin Mary and the ruins of a two-storey palace which was used as a residence by the princes of Gudauta plain of Abkhazia at an elevation of 50 meters above sea level. Lykhny is located five kilometers from the administrative center of Black Sea coast. The village lies along the narrow Black Sea, a disputed region on the Abkhazia District of Gudauta: Лыхны) is a village in the Russian and Abkhaz, ლიხნი

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.