World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Meitetsu Inuyama Line

Article Id: WHEBN0011043957
Reproduction Date:

Title: Meitetsu Inuyama Line  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Tsurumai Line, Meitetsu Komaki Line, Meitetsu Hiromi Line, Tōkai Transport Service Jōhoku Line, Meitetsu Kakamigahara Line
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia

Meitetsu Inuyama Line

     Meitetsu Inuyama Line
Meitetsu 1000 series EMU on Inuyama Bridge, Inuyama, Aichi
Type Commuter rail
Locale Aichi Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture
Termini Shimo-Otai (Biwajima Junction)
Stations 17
Daily ridership 57,443 [1] (2008)
Opening 1910
Owner Nagoya Railway
Line length 26.8 km (16.65 mi)
Track gauge 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)
Electrification 1500 V DC
Operating speed 110 km/h (68 mph)

The Inuyama Line (犬山線 Inuyama-sen) is a Japanese railway line operated by Nagoya Railroad which connects Biwajima Junction in Kiyosu, Aichi to Shin-Unuma Station in Kakamigahara, Gifu.


Local (普通 futsū) (L)
Semi-Express (準急 junkyū) (S)
Express (急行 kyūkō) (E)
Rapid Express (快速急行 kaisoku kyūkō) (R)
Limited Express (特急 tokkyū) (LE)
Rapid Limited Express (快速特急 kaisoku tokkyū) (RL)
μSKY Limited Express (ミュースカイ myū sukai) (MU)

All trains stop at stations marked "●" and pass stations marked "|". Some trains stop at "▲".

Station Japanese Distance
L S E R LE RL MU Transfers Location
Biwajima Junction 枇杷島分岐点 - | | | | | | | Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line Kiyosu Aichi
Shimo-Otai 下小田井駅 1.0 | | | | |
Naka-Otai 中小田井駅 2.4 | | | | | Nishi-ku,
Kami-Otai 上小田井駅 3.5 | | | Nagoya Subway: Tsurumai Line (T01)

TKJ: Jōhoku Line (Otai)

Nishiharu 西春駅 5.9 | | | Kitanagoya
Tokushige-Nagoya-Geidai 徳重・名古屋芸大駅 7.3 | | | | | |
Taisanji 大山寺駅 8.1 | | | | | | Iwakura
Iwakura 岩倉駅 9.7
Ishibotoke 石仏駅 11.8 | | | | |
Hotei 布袋駅 14.2 | | | Kōnan
Kōnan 江南駅 16.2
Kashiwamori 柏森駅 19.0 Fusō
Fusō 扶桑駅 21.2 | | |
Kotsuyōsui 木津用水駅 22.6 | | | | |
Inuyamaguchi 犬山口駅 24.0 | | | | | Inuyama
Inuyama 犬山駅 24.9 Meitetsu: Komaki Line, Hiromi Line
Inuyama-Yūen 犬山遊園駅 26.1
Shin-Unuma 新鵜沼駅 26.8 Meitetsu: Kakamigahara Line

JR Central: Takayama Main Line

Kakamigahara Gifu


Kisogawa combined rail and road bridge in 1996

The Nagoya Electric Railway (later Meitetsu) opened the Biwajima to Iwakura section, electrified at 600 V DC, in 1910, extending the line as dual track to Inuyama in 1912. In 1922, the Biwajima to Iwakura section was double-tracked, and in 1926, the line was extended as dual track to Shin-Unuma, including a combined rail and road bridge over the Kisogawa.

In 1948, the voltage was incresed to ,1500 V DC, and in 1993 through services commenced on the Nagoya Subway Tsurumai Line. The road utilising the Kisogawa rail bridge was diverted onto its own bridge in 2000, ending the last such combined bridge usage in Japan.

Former connecting lines

  • Iwakura Station: The Nagoya Electric Railway opened a 7 km line electrified at 600 V DC to Ichinomiya on the Main line in 1913. The voltage on the line was increased to 1,500 V DC in 1948, and the line closed in 1965. The company opened a 6km line electrified at 600 V DC to Komaki on the Komaki line in 1920. The voltage on the line was increased to 1,500 V DC in 1955, and the line closed in 1964.


  1. ^ 各鉄軌道会社のご案内 (Report). Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.