World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Nakło nad Notecią

Article Id: WHEBN0000389574
Reproduction Date:

Title: Nakło nad Notecią  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Nakło County, Battle of Nakło, Tomasz Zieliński, Adrian Zieliński, Kazin
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Nakło nad Notecią

Nakło nad Notecią
Flag of Nakło nad Notecią
Flag
Coat of arms of Nakło nad Notecią
Coat of arms
Nakło nad Notecią is located in Poland
Nakło nad Notecią
Nakło nad Notecią
Coordinates:
Country  Poland
Voivodeship Kuyavian-Pomeranian
County Nakło
Gmina Nakło nad Notecią
Government
 • Mayor Sławomir Napierała
Area
 • Total 10.62 km2 (4.10 sq mi)
Population (2006)
 • Total 19,409
 • Density 1,800/km2 (4,700/sq mi)
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 89-100
Car plates CNA
Website http://www.naklo.pl

Nakło nad Notecią (German: Nakel) is a town in northern Poland on the river Noteć (German: Netze) with 23,687 inhabitants (2007). It is situated in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (since 1999), and was previously in Bydgoszcz Voivodeship (1975–1998). It is the seat of Nakło County, and also of the smaller administrative district called Gmina Nakło nad Notecią.

History

Nakło began to develop as a Pomeranian settlement by the middle of the 10th century. Between 1109 and 1113 it fell to Duke Bolesław III Wrymouth of Poland. It received German town law privileges in 1299.

Nakło was annexed by the Kingdom of Prussia during the First Partition of Poland in 1772 and known by the German name Nakel. It began to develop significantly after the completion of the Bydgoszcz Canal, which connected the Vistula with the Noteć, Warta, and Oder Rivers.

After the defeat of Prussia in the Napoleonic War of the Fourth Coalition, Nakło became part of the Duchy of Warsaw in 1807. After the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte in 1815, it was restored to Prussia in the Congress of Vienna as part of the autonomous Grand Duchy of Posen.

During the course of 19th century industrialization, Nakło developed further after being connected with the Prussian Eastern Railway (Preußische Ostbahn) in 1851. It became part of the Prussian-led German Empire in 1871.

The town became part of the Second Polish Republic according to the Treaty of Versailles following World War I. From 1939-1945 Nakło was occupied by Nazi Germany during World War II.

Notable residents

See also



This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.