World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

National League Park

Article Id: WHEBN0001290676
Reproduction Date:

Title: National League Park  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cleveland Spiders, Exposition Park (Pittsburgh), Palace of the Fans, South End Grounds, Robison Field
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

National League Park

National League Park is the name of two former baseball grounds located in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. The first ground was home to the Cleveland Blues of the National League from 1879 to 1884.

The Kennard Street Baseball Grounds (Kennard Street Park) was bounded by Sibley Street (present Carnegie Avenue) on the north, Cedar Avenue on the south, Kennard Street (present East 46th Street) on the west, and the eastern edge ended at the boundary of the back yards of the houses facing Willson Avenue (present East 55th Street).[1]

The second National League Park was the home of the Cleveland Spiders of the American Association from 1887 to 1888 and of the National League from 1889 to 1890. This ground was located in another site in Cleveland. After the 1890 season the Spiders moved to League Park.

References

  1. ^ City Atlas of Cleveland, Ohio, plate 5. Philadelphia: G.M. Hopkins C.L., 1881. Available at Cleveland Public Library Image Collections


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.