Nishi-Shigi Cable Line

The Nishi-Shigi Cable (西信貴ケーブル Nishi-Shigi Kēburu?), officially the Nishi-Shigi Cable Line (西信貴鋼索線 Nishi-Shigi Kōsaku-sen?, "West Shigi Cable Line") is Japanese funicular line in Yao, Osaka, operated by Kintetsu. The line, opened in 1930, makes a route to Chōgo Sonshi-ji temple on Mount Shigi. As the line name suggests, there once was Higashi-Shigi Cable Line (東信貴鋼索線 Higashi-Shigi Kōsaku-sen?, "East Shigi Cable Line") as well. However, the eastern line was closed in 1983. The line does not accept PiTaPa or Surutto Kansai.

Basic data

  • Distance: 1.3 km or 0.8 mi
  • System: Single track with two cars
  • Gauge:
  • Stations: 2
  • Vertical interval: 355 m or 1,165 ft

Stations

Shigisanguchi Station - Takayasuyama Station

See also

External links

  • Kintetsu official website (Japanese)

Coordinates: 34°37′4″N 135°38′54″E / 34.61778°N 135.64833°E / 34.61778; 135.64833

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.