World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Overton St. Helen's C.E. Primary School

Article Id: WHEBN0024310700
Reproduction Date:

Title: Overton St. Helen's C.E. Primary School  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Overton, Lancashire
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Overton St. Helen's C.E. Primary School

Overton St. Helen’s C.E. Primary School
Established 1964 (1964)
Type Voluntary aided primary school
Religion Church of England
Headteacher Mrs J. Milligan
Location

Lancaster Road
Overton
Lancashire
LA3 3EZ
England England Coordinates: 54°00′58″N 2°51′32″W / 54.016°N 2.859°W / 54.016; -2.859

Local authority Lancashire
DfE number
DfE URN Ofsted Reports
Gender Coeducational
Ages 5–11
Website

Overton St. Helen’s C.E. Primary School is a small primary school located in the Village of Overton, Lancashire. The school opened in 1964 and accommodates 164 pupils currently.

History

The first school in Overton stood on the Blue Potts site over three centuries ago. It is referred to in the Manor Court Record of 1673. In 1871, a new school, Overton Parochial School, was built on the same site. The present building was opened in 1964 and was called Overton St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School. At that time, there were 85 children on roll, but because of a steady increase in numbers, an extension was added in 1977. As numbers continued to increase, a further two classroom extension was opened in April 1992, enabling the site to accommodate a current figure of 168 pupils.

References

External links

  • Overton St. Helen’s C.E. Primary School Website
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.