Penns Neck Baptist Church

Penns Neck Baptist Church
Location US 1 at Princeton--Hightstown Rd., Penns Neck, New Jersey
Coordinates

40°19′55″N 74°38′15″W / 40.33194°N 74.63750°W / 40.33194; -74.63750Coordinates: 40°19′55″N 74°38′15″W / 40.33194°N 74.63750°W / 40.33194; -74.63750

Area 2 acres (0.81 ha)
Built 1807
Architect Bailey,Elias
Architectural style Colonial, Federal, Georgian
Governing body Private
NRHP Reference # 89002160[1]
Added to NRHP December 28, 1989

Penns Neck Baptist Church (also known as Red Lion Tavern; Princeton Baptist Church at Penns Neck) is a historic church on US 1 at Princeton-Hightstown Road in Princeton, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States.

It was built in 1807. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.

See also

References


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.