World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Pittsburgh and Ohio Central Railroad

Article Id: WHEBN0004959470
Reproduction Date:

Title: Pittsburgh and Ohio Central Railroad  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Pittsburgh Industrial Railroad, Pittsburgh, Allegheny and McKees Rocks Railroad, Genesee & Wyoming, OHC (disambiguation), Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Pittsburgh and Ohio Central Railroad

Pittsburgh and Ohio Central Railroad
Reporting mark POHC
Locale McKees Rocks, Bridgeville, Canonsburg, and Washington
Dates of operation 2000–
Track gauge 4 ft 8 12 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge
Headquarters McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania

The Pittsburgh and Ohio Central Railroad (reporting mark POHC) is a short-line railroad operating 35 miles of track over the Chartiers Branch in southwest Pennsylvania. It is owned by the Ohio Central Railroad System, which is a division of the rail holding company Genesee & Wyoming Inc.

The P&OHC was formed after the purchase by Genesse & Wyoming of the former Pittsburgh Industrial Railroad from RailAmerica, Inc. in 2000. The line has track extending from its office in the McKees Rocks north to Neville Island and south to Arden in South Strabane Township. A short branch line serves Carnegie. Major commodities hauled include chemicals, minerals, plastics, and steel.

Interchanges

Roster (as of June 2014)

Number Model
1545 SW1500
1547 SW1500
8702 GP11
706 GP10
1402 GS1400

References

  • Western Pennsylvanian Railroads:Pittsburgh & Ohio Central Railroad


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.