World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Quattroruote

Article Id: WHEBN0004027843
Reproduction Date:

Title: Quattroruote  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Alfa Romeo 4C, Alfa Romeo Gran Sport Quattroruote, City car, Daihatsu Mira, Monthly magazines
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Quattroruote

Quattroruote
Categories Automobile magazines
Frequency Monthly
First issue February 1956
Country Italy
Based in Rozzano, Italy
Language Italian
Website www.quattroruote.it
ISSN 0033-5916

Quattroruote (English: Four Wheels) is an Italian automobile magazine established by the Marchigian entrepreneur Gianni Mazzocchi in February 1956, for the "average driver". Among its regular features it includes information on used car prices.

Head office

The Quattroruote head office is in Rozzano (Milan Province), where the historical museum of the magazine is located.

The Automotive Safety Centre

The test-track belonging to the magazine is located in Vairano di Vidigulfo (Pavia Province). The Automotive Safety Centre, opened in 1995, is 4500 m long, with an 1800 m main straight, where acceleration tests are carried out. During these tests it is possible to reach 300 km/h. The race track has been approved by FIA for Formula One tests.

The handling track

The handling track, connected to the speed test area and used for handling test of vehicles, has bends and chicanes of different radii where oversteer and understeer of vehicles can be examined.

SUV test area

The SUV test area is next to the ASC straight section, where off-road vehicle driving and overturning characteristics are established.

Safe drive

Quattroruote organizes safe driving courses on an area of about 17000 m² where students, followed by expert instructors, are taught driving techniques on wet or dry surfaces, handling and stopping.

See also

External links

  • Quattroruote - Official website
  • Quattroruote Russia
  • Automotive Safety Centre website


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.