World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Richard Dickson Cudahy

Richard Cudahy
Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
In office
September 26, 1979 – August 15, 1994
Appointed by Jimmy Carter
Preceded by Seat established
Succeeded by Terence Evans
Personal details
Born (1926-02-02) February 2, 1926
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
Alma mater United States Military Academy
Yale University

Richard Dickson Cudahy (born February 2, 1926) is a United States federal judge.[1]

Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Cudahy received a B.S. from the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York in 1948, and a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1955. He was a Lieutenant in the United States Army Air Corps from 1948 to 1951. He was a law clerk, Hon. Charles E. Clark, Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals from 1955 to 1956. He was an Assistant to legal advisor, U.S. Department of State from 1956 to 1957. He was in private practice in Chicago, Illinois from 1957 to 1960. He was a President and C.E.O., Patrick Cudahy, Inc., Cudahy and Milwaukee, Wisconsin from 1961 to 1971. He returned to private practice in Milwaukee in 1972, serving also as a member and chairman of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission from 1972 to 1975, then continuing his private practice in Washington, DC from 1976 to 1979.

He also taught, as a lecturer at George Washington University Law School from 1976 to 1979.

On May 22, 1979, Cudahy was nominated by President Jimmy Carter to a new seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit created by 92 Stat. 1629, 1632. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 25, 1979, and received his commission on September 26, 1979. He assumed senior status on August 15, 1994.

Notable decisions

External links

  1. ^ [1]
Legal offices
New seat Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
1979–1994
Succeeded by
Terence Evans
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.