World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

San Gregorio VII

Article Id: WHEBN0008055421
Reproduction Date:

Title: San Gregorio VII  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Churches of Rome, List of titular churches in Rome, Eugênio Sales
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

San Gregorio VII

Church of Saint Gregory VII
Chiesa di San Gregorio VII (Italian)

Façade of the church

Basic information
Location Rome
Geographic coordinates 41°53′53.39″N 12°27′0.43″E / 41.8981639°N 12.4501194°E / 41.8981639; 12.4501194Coordinates: 41°53′53.39″N 12°27′0.43″E / 41.8981639°N 12.4501194°E / 41.8981639; 12.4501194

Affiliation Roman Catholic
Year consecrated 1961
Ecclesiastical or organizational status Parish church
Website www.sangregoriovii.org
Architectural description
Architect(s) Mario Paniconi, Giulio Pediconi
Architectural type Church
Direction of façade SE
Groundbreaking 1958[1]
Completed 1961
Specifications
Length 66 metres (217 ft)
Width 35 metres (115 ft)
Width (nave) 15 metres (49 ft)

The Church of Saint Gregory VII (Italian: Chiesa di San Gregorio VII) is a Roman Catholic parish church on the Via del Cottolengo (Via Gregorio VII), Rome dedicated to Saint Gregory VII. It was built by Mario Paniconi and Giulio Pediconi from 1960 to 1961, to serve a parish erected by Pope Pius XII in 1952. Its roof is held by 10 concrete piers, and is structurally independent of the walls, which end before they reach the roof (the empty space between them being filled with glass). It is a parish church, served by Franciscans - in the crypt is a depiction of the Life of St Francis in an unusual stone inlay technique.

San Gregorio VII has been a titular church since 1969.

Cardinal priests of San Gregorio VII

Notes

External links

  • NyborgTemplate:Italy-RC-church-stub
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.