World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Shepton, Plano, Texas

Article Id: WHEBN0002869688
Reproduction Date:

Title: Shepton, Plano, Texas  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Plano, Texas, Collin County, Texas, Collin, Texas, Climax, Texas, Clear Lake, Collin County, Texas
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Shepton, Plano, Texas

Shepton is an area within Plano, Texas, United States that was formerly a distinct community.
Intersection near what was Shepton

Shepton was founded about 1890, when Joseph W. Shepard opened a general store ten miles southwest of McKinney, with the town deriving its name from Shepard's. From 1894 to 1903, Shepton had a post office, but most residents migrated over the years to nearby Plano, also in southwestern Collin County, with the growing Plano absorbing the area of the former community by the 1980s.

Shepton High School is named after the town of Shepton.

References

  • Shepton, Plano, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online
  • U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Shepton, Texas


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.