World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Stainland and Holywell Green railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0019392508
Reproduction Date:

Title: Stainland and Holywell Green railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Stainland Branch, West Vale railway station
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Stainland and Holywell Green railway station

Stainland and Holywell Green
Location
Place Holywell Green
Area Calderdale
Coordinates

53°40′24″N 1°51′51″W / 53.673299°N 1.864275°W / 53.673299; -1.864275Coordinates: 53°40′24″N 1°51′51″W / 53.673299°N 1.864275°W / 53.673299; -1.864275

Grid reference SE090196
Operations
Pre-grouping Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
Platforms 1
History
1 January 1875 Opened
23 September 1929 Closed to passengers
14 September 1959 Closed to goods services
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
UK Railways portal
Stainland branch

Stainland and Holywell Green railway station served the villages of Stainland and Holywell Green in West Yorkshire, England from 1875 until 1929. Goods services ended in 1959.

The station consisted of a single platform to the west of a line curving from north (Greetland) to west (terminus), with a single station building and canopy.[1] The station site is now occupied by the Brookwoods Industrial estate, with the last section of the branch being used as an access road, passing under the bridge carrying Station Road.[2]

|- style="text-align: center;" | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "| West Vale | style="background:#964B00; border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px gray; "|L&YR
Stainland Branch | style="background:#964B00;border-top:solid 1px gray; " |   | style="border-top:solid 1px gray; "|Terminus |}

References


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.