World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

The Santa Fe New Mexican

The Santa Fe New Mexican
Type Daily newspaper
Format Broadsheet
Owner(s) Robin McKinney Martin
Publisher Tom Cross
Editor Ray Rivera
Founded 1849
Language English
Headquarters 202 East Marcy Street.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
United States
Circulation 23,000
Website .com.santafenewmexicanwww

The Santa Fe New Mexican is a daily newspaper published in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It is the oldest daily newspaper west of the Mississippi River established in 1849. Some disagree, the St Joseph Missouri News Press Gazette earliest roots go back to the founding of the Gazette in 1845. St Joseph Missouri lies west of the Mississippi.

The downtown offices for The New Mexican are located at 202 East Marcy Street in Santa Fe. In this office the advertising, editorial, accounting and administration departments are located.

The New Mexican built a new 65,000 sq. ft. production building in November of 2004. The first Santa Fe New Mexican newspaper produced off the new KBA Comet press on November 1, 2004. The production plant is located at One New Mexican Plaza in Santa Fe.

On May 20, 2011, The New Mexican purchased the assets of the Santa Fe Thrifty Nickel and took over ownership of the publication. The Thrifty Nickel publishes every Thursday for Northern New Mexico.

On March 29, 2012 it was announced that The New Mexican had won first place in the color division of the Inland Press Association's Print Contest. There are over 1,200 newspapers in the IPA group. The New Mexican won the black and white division in 2011.

The New Mexican is one of 26 New York Times national printing sites. The New Mexican is the largest commercial printer in New Mexico printing a multitude of newspapers and other products. These are delivered throughout New Mexico and other states.

Prices

New Mexican prices are: daily, $0.75 & Sunday/Thanksgiving Day, $1.50.

See also

External links

  • SantaFeNewMexican.com - available to the public


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.