World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Tsuge Station

Article Id: WHEBN0013427521
Reproduction Date:

Title: Tsuge Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Mie Prefecture, Kōka, Shiga, Iga, Mie (town), List of railway stations in Japan: T, Kusatsu Line
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Tsuge Station

Tsuge Station (柘植駅 Tsuge-eki?) is a railway station in Iga, Mie Prefecture, Japan. It is located 79.9 rail kilometres from the terminus of the Kansai Main Line at Nagoya Station and 20.0 rail kilometers from Kameyama Station and is 36.7 rail kilometers from the opposing terminus of the Kusatsu Line at Kusatsu Station.

Lines

Layout

Tsuge Station has a side platform and in an island platform with three tracks on the ground level, connected by an overpass. The Kusatsu line tracks are electrified but the Kansai Line tracks are not.

Platforms

1 Kansai Line for Iga-Ueno and Kamo
2 Kansai Line for Kameyama
returning for Iga-Ueno and Kamo
Kusatsu Line for Kibukawa and Kusatsu (partly in the morning)
3 Kusatsu Line for Kibukawa, Kusatsu and Kyoto
Kansai Line for Kameyama (only one train every day)

Adjacent stations

« Service »
Kansai Main Line
Kabuto - Shindō
Kusatsu Line
Terminus - Aburahi

History

Tsuge Station was opened on February 18, 1890 with the extension of the Kansai Railway from Mikumo Station, making it the oldest station within Mie Prefecture. The Kansai Railway was extended to Yokkaichi Station on December 25, 1890 and to Iga-Ueno Station on January 15, 1897. The line was nationalized on October 1, 1907, becoming part of the Japanese Government Railway (JGR), which became the JNR (Japan National Railways) after World War II. Freight operations were discontinued from August 1, 1972. With the privatization of the JNR on April 1, 1987, the station came under the control of JR West.

External links

  • Tsuge Station official home page

Coordinates: 34°50′49″N 136°15′21″E / 34.84706°N 136.255875°E / 34.84706; 136.255875

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.