World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Villa Louvigny

Article Id: WHEBN0012082780
Reproduction Date:

Title: Villa Louvigny  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: History of the Eurovision Song Contest, Eurovision Song Contest, Luxembourg City, Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, Green Glens Arena
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Villa Louvigny

Villa Louvigny (2008)
Tower Villa Louvigny, Luxembourg City

Villa Louvigny is a building in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg, that served as the headquarters of Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Télédiffusion, the forerunner of RTL Group. It is located in Municipal Park, in the Ville Haute quarter of the centre of the city. Built in 1920 on a site that before had been the Louvigny fort of the old fortress of Luxembourg, the building was rented to the Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Télédiffusion, who eventually bought the building in 1936. In 1991 the administrative offices moved to a new building on the Kirchberg plateau, followed by the technical installations in 1996. The philharmonic orchestra of Luxembourg remained in the facilities until 2005 when the Philharmony building was finished.

Villa Louvigny has hosted the Eurovision Song Contest twice, in 1962 and 1966.

Since the year 2000 the villa Louvigny is the main seat of the ministry of Health.

See Also

Radio Luxembourg



This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.