World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Wopg-fm

Article Id: WHEBN0030473459
Reproduction Date:

Title: Wopg-fm  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: WDCD-FM, WPNR-FM, WVTL, WGXC, WCSS
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Wopg-fm

WOPG-FM
City of license Esperance, New York
Broadcast area Mohawk Valley, Capital District
Frequency 89.9 MHz
First air date November 3, 2010
Format Catholic
ERP 1,400 watts
HAAT 306 meters
Class B1
Facility ID 171661
Transmitter coordinates
Callsign meaning Words Of Peace and Goodness
Affiliations EWTN Radio
Owner Pax et Bonum, Inc.
Sister stations WOPG
Website http://pax-et-bonum-radio.org/

WOPG-FM is a Catholic radio station licensed to Esperance, New York and owned by Pax et Bonum, Inc. The station broadcasts at 89.9 MHz at 1,400 watts effective radiated power and serves the Mohawk Valley and Capital District. The station primarily carries satellite-fed programming by EWTN Radio.

History

WOPG is the newest radio station in the Mohawk Valley region, having signed on November 3, 2010. The station is a rimshot into both Albany, New York and Utica, New York, and broadcasts from studios located at the St. Stanislaus School in Amsterdam, New York at a former microwave tower located near Cherry Valley, New York.[1]

In October 2013, Pax et Bonum announced that it would acquire WDDY (1460 AM) from The Walt Disney Company; upon the deal's completion, that station was renamed WOPG and became a simulcast of WOPG-FM. Concurrently, the station relocated its studios to the 1460 transmitter site in Delmar, New York. The acquisition was made to improve WOPG's reception in the Capital District, which has been affected by terrain.[2]

References

  1. ^
  2. ^

External links

  • Article on the volunteer work on WOPG
  • Query the FCC's FM station database for WOPG
  • Radio-Locator information on WOPG
  • Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WOPG



This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.