World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Warren Historic District (Warren, Pennsylvania)

Article Id: WHEBN0027741738
Reproduction Date:

Title: Warren Historic District (Warren, Pennsylvania)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Warren, Pennsylvania, Warren Historic District
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Warren Historic District (Warren, Pennsylvania)

Warren Historic District
National City Bank Building (1891) in the Warren Historic District, May 2007
Warren Historic District (Warren, Pennsylvania)
Location Roughly bounded by Comewango Creek, the Allegheny River, 7th Avenue and Laurel Street, Warren, Pennsylvania
Coordinates

41°50′57″N 79°8′50″W / 41.84917°N 79.14722°W / 41.84917; -79.14722Coordinates: 41°50′57″N 79°8′50″W / 41.84917°N 79.14722°W / 41.84917; -79.14722

Area 441 acres (178 ha)
Architect Philips, Edward Albert; Wetmore, Charles D., et al.
Architectural style Greek Revival, Italianate, et al.
Governing body State
MPS Oil Industry Resources in Western Pennsylvania MPS
NRHP Reference # 99000877[1]
Added to NRHP July 22, 1999

Warren Historic District, is a national historic district located at Warren, Warren County, Pennsylvania. The district includes 587 contributing buildings, 5 contributing sites, and 3 contributing objects in the central business district and surrounding residential areas of Warren. The buildings are in a variety of popular architectural styles including Greek Revival and Italianate. Notable buildings include the flatiron National City Bank Building (1891), Conewango Club, Elks Club, Trinity Episcopal Church (1895-1896), First Presbyterian Church (1895-1896), and former Swedish Lutheran Church (1916). The contributing objects are a bronze statue of General Joseph Warren (1912), Soldiers and Sailors Monument (1909), and Civil War memorial (1922). Located in the district and separately listed are the John P. Jefferson House, Struthers Library Building, Warren Armory, Warren County Courthouse, Wetmore House, and Woman's Club of Warren.[2]

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.[1]

Gallery

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.