World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article


Wormleybury Manor

Wormleybury is a landscape park of 57ha and house near Wormley in Hertfordshire, England. The house, "Wormleybury Manor", was built by Robert Mylne in 1767-69, and embellished by Robert Adam in 1777-79. The drawing room has painted roundels by Angelica Kauffman. [1]

In 1825 the parish records from the Parish Church of St. Laurence, Wormley were lodged with Sir Abraham Hume in Wormleybury.

The park is listed on the English Heritage Register ref: GD1165 Listed grade II.


  1. ^ "Wormleybury". British Listed Buildings. 

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.