World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Der Emes

Article Id: WHEBN0005398959
Reproduction Date:

Title: Der Emes  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Yiddish communist newspapers, The Truth, Propaganda in the Soviet Union, List of Yiddish newspapers and periodicals
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Der Emes

left Yiddish writer Avrom Reisen and Moishe Litvakov the chief editor of the Der Emes 1929.

Der Emes (in Yiddish דער עמעס— in Russian Правда "The Truth" from Biblical Hebrew אמת emeth Modern Hebrew: emet) a Soviet newspaper in Yiddish. A continuation of the short-lived Di varhayt, Der Emes began publishing in Moscow on August 7, 1918. The publisher was the Central Committee. From 1921 to October 1937 its editor-in-chief was Moishe Litvakov, after his arrest the newspaper was headed by an anonymous "editorial board". From January 7, 1921 till March 1930 Emes appeared body of Central Bureau of Yevsektsiya in a body of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (USSR). In January, 1939 the campaign against Yiddish culture in the USSR became widespread, and Der Emes was liquidated.

Featured highlights

Der Emes was a conductor of the Soviet propaganda and ideas directed at ordinary Jews in the USSR and all around the world.

The most prominent line of the newspaper was the struggle against antisemitic occurrences in the USSR and the Russian Diaspora. Since 1933 there was a continuous blaming of racism in Germany under Hitler.

The last but not least topic was the promotion of Soviet Jewish proletarian culture in Yiddish that ranged from the Jewish Settlement to Yiddish theatres. And of course there was encounter with other Jewish ideological rivals (the Bund, Zionism etc.), which offered their ways to solve the Jewish question.

See also

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.