World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Finns Point Range Light

Finns Point Range Lighthouse
Finns Point Range Lighthouse
Finns Point Range Light is located in Cumberland County, New Jersey
Finns Point Range Light
Location Pennsville, New Jersey
Coordinates
Year first lit 1877
Automated 1934
Deactivated 1950
Foundation Masonry
Construction Wrought Iron
Tower shape Skeletal w/cylinder
Height 115 feet (35 m)
Original lens Fourth Order Fresnel lens
Characteristic 1 Second Eclipse (Currently Not Lit)

The Finns Point Range Rear Light is a lighthouse in Pennsville Township, Salem County, New Jersey. It is located just east of the Delaware River, and was part of Range light pair that guided ships into the Delaware River. It is deactivated, and its lamp and lens have been removed, but the lighthouse is open to the public as part of a National Wildlife Refuge. It was designed and built in 1877 and is a classic example of a skeletal cast iron prefabricated lighthouse. Its companion Front range light was demolished and replaced with an offshore automated light in 1938. Both the Rear and replacement Front light were deactivated in 1950.

External links

  • New Jersey Lighthouse Society Home Page: Finns Point Lighthouse
  • Finns Point Lighthouse- from Lighthousefriends.com


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.