World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Khfx

Article Id: WHEBN0008848761
Reproduction Date:

Title: Khfx  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: KBEC, KFWR, KAND, KPLX, KSCS
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Khfx

KHFX
City of license Cleburne, Texas
Broadcast area Cleburne/Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex/Corsicana
Frequency 1140 kHz
First air date 1947 on 1120
Power 5,000 watts (day)
710 watts (night)
Class B
Facility ID 65313
Former callsigns KCLE (1947-2008)
Owner Siga Broadcasting Corporation
Sister stations KAML, KFJZ, KGBC, KLVL, KTMR

KHFX (AM 1140) is a radio station that serves the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and is owned by the Siga Broadcasting Corporation. In August 2011, it switched from its former Spanish language programming to become a 24-hour, all-talk affiliate of the Republic Broadcasting Network.

As "KCLE" until the end of August 2008, it had aired a country music radio format since 1947, despite some changes. The callsign swap with 1460 took place on September 1.

Sometime in the first half of 2008, it increased daytime power to 5,000 watts to cover the southern half of Dallas/Fort area as well as Corsicana and Waxahachie, Texas.

In February 2009 the station was operated via a local marketing agreement by RV Ministries Inc. under the name Radio Vida "La Voz del Evangelio", with transmission time of 12 hours, Also, while "Radio Vida" broadcast on the frequency 89.9 FM in Cooper, Texas.[1]

KGBC's Texas sister stations with SIGA Broadcasting include KTMR (1130 AM, Converse), KLVL (1480 AM, Pasadena), KGBC (1540 AM, Galveston), KAML (990 AM, Kenedy-Karnes City), and KFJZ (870 AM, Fort Worth).

References

  1. ^ Web Site of Radio Vida

External links

  • Official website
  • Query the FCC's AM station database for KHFX
  • Radio-Locator Information on KHFX
  • Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KHFX
  • DFW Radio/TV History

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.